sábado, 26 de enero de 2013

Personal Diary: January 26th, year 115

Today was my first day actually flying inside the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris, and it's strange trying to adapt to such a loose organization after the strict discipline of both the Navy and the Silent Brothers of Amarr. Refreshing, maybe.

It seems like the Empire rewards with loyalty points the working in the frontlines, and if you do well, you should be able to maintain yourself just using them. At least, that's the theory. Using that theory I moved in the INS Deathproof into the Bleak Lands, trying to put that idea to trial and, specially, to get acquainted with how the war worked from the capsuleer side of things.

It was strange to be back in Sahtogas, which I will probably use as a forward base, after such a long time. From space, it all looked as it always had, as if the years hadn't gone by. Three years away is a long time for us, but not for the stars and planets in permanent orbit. And yet, war hadn't changed either as I soon found out.

I was waiting for another of the Ensigns to join me in Oyonata, a pilot by the name of Fay Aexiss. She had never been to the frontlines, and I wanted to meet captain Merdaneth in Roushzar as soon as she got to me. This would serve us both as a test: for her to learn the ways, and for me to re-learn them. It's incredible how much you forget and how the reflexes dull over time.

So dull I never saw the small fleet of pirates jumping over me. I was attending the comms and even forgot to enter the Amarr hub I wanted to visit. I didn't have a chance. Before I noticed I was already warp-scrambled and targetted, and my Punisher was not enough to fight them off at such a disadvantage.

After only half an hour in the frontlines, I had lost the ship. I did make it out alive, though, and back to Amarr Prime. And now I'm not sure if I should try and head back there, or retain the original plan of getting myself a Harbinger before, so I can complete level 3 missions and be able to cover my costs easily. But it is just so much time to get those millions I'm missing...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario