lunes, 14 de enero de 2013

Personal Diary: December 11th, year 114



Today I’ve noticed that some things don’t change even after three years in a monastery. I can talk back and discuss against any officer if the time is right (obviously, not when orders are given and battle is coming), it has even granted me a couple detentions on occasions. Due to it, a DED official today called me cynical, and maybe she was right. Actually, she probably was. I guess these years have made me quite bitter and cynical.

But the pod pilot community does that to me. They are egotistic, self-adoring idiots, too centered in their own small worlds to look beyond that, to the millions of lives that we modify with our actions. What we do has dire consequences to many! And yet, they live without realizing that, focused on their own bellies.

Another thing doesn’t change: Holders. I have to protect a petulant and self-righteous man of the Theology Council who wants to investigate some recent events in a system. At least, I have to protect him while in space. So we took refuge in a hotel in the system, and there I met the owner, Holder Leopold Cain. And, while I can talk back to a military commander, I still can’t talk back to a noble. They hold too much power, they are too unpredictable, and trying to reply to them is way too dangerous. So I just kind of block out into a massively polite form which I can’t avoid.

Well, at least my small reputation against private contractors is growing, as is my web of contacts, even among the pod pilots. As is my wallet. Hopefully I’ll be able to jump into a cruiser soon enough.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario