viernes, 18 de enero de 2013

Personal Diary: January 19th, Year 115

I've asked to join the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris a few days ago. Now it's time to wait for the propper interview in which they shall judge if I am an appropriate pilot to join their roster or not. I know they are very religious, and my atheism may indeed be a problem, so I have to be cautious about it. Not that hiding it is something new, afterall no one can say they don't believe in God in our theocracy.

As much as I love the Empire, I can't avoid feeling all faith dissapeared during my time serving in the Bleak Lands under Admiral Saracen's orders. How can God allow such massacres? Such pointless death and suffering? No, if He exists, He would be so cruel and hedious that the Scriptures couldn't be about Him. So no, I believe we are alone here in space, just millions of humans trying to do what they want: defending causes, killing, dying, loving, fucking, breeding, working...

Some causes are lost, some are wrong, and only a few are pure and right. The Empire is one, not for God, but the promise of unity in purpose and compromise it entails: the vast, galaxy spawning unity of mankind under one banner. Peace, in the end, through a long and very complicated Reclaiming. My laser guns are needed in such a long and complex process, that's my place, where I belong.

That's where I'll atone for leaving the frontlines so many years ago.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario