lunes, 25 de marzo de 2013

Personal Diary: March 26th, year 115

Grounded. I've been grounded for two weeks. It's strange to be frustrated by being forced to remain away from something I once ran away from, but I am. I definitely am!

It all started a few weeks ago, when I noticed my implants were not conveying my orders well to the ship, which caused minor glitches and problems. So I went to a cyberdoctor for him to take a look into them and diagnose what happened, and he did.

Kasioper's Syndrome. Fucking Kasioper's Syndrome.

Among pod pilots that become so late, it's a legend. If you face the wetgrave when you are of a certain age on, your mind is not as flexible as it used to be, can't adapt as much or as quickly. For some few, this means it never fully adapt because the neurons don't make all the necessary bridges between them, and the new functions they have to develop. And, in time, when the Syndrome kicks in, these neurons start cutting those connections back into those of a "normal mind".

That's me now. My mind seems to have decided it no longer wants to be a pod pilot, or something, and is starting to modify itself back. And, being a brain pattern, it moves with you when you clone as it modifies your brain structure.

Now, all hope is not lost. According to the doctor, there are some treatments for it, experimental techniques and therapies. It's a new disease, so not much is known, but there's a big investment in many medical corporations to work on it thanks to the massive funds capsuleers with the Syndrome funnel into them. That's good.

So, where do I stand now? I should get my treatment tomorrow, maybe the day after, depending on some sort of cycles of neural pruning. The surgery and pattern modification won't cure the Syndrome, but it will revert temporarily. I'll have to keep coming for more treatments as soon as the symptoms reappear, and each time the technique works a little worse. In the end, I'll be unable to fully access my implants and, thus, use them to fly.

But, hopefully, before that time comes new medical treatments are found, more effective and definitive. Hopefully.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario