miércoles, 24 de abril de 2013

Personal Diary: April 24th, year 115

Today is a grim day. Even after the surgery really improved my compatibility with the pod implants again, today they failed me. And I was supposed to be leading a squad in the Bleak Lands, to teach the new members of PIE the ropes of Faction Warfare. I guess it'll have to be postponed, I can't FC like this, not without getting everybody killed.

Which is increasingly easy. I died today, my second time, and I don't get used to it. My new clone feels... strange, unconfortable, and I'm uneasy inside of it. Like a suit that is not quite exactly the appropriate size. Not to mention the crew of the destroyer I was flying, several of them didn't make it in time to the escape pods. I'll have to compensate the families, somehow.

But I'm afraid, as things stand, that won't be the last time I walk that path. The Bleak Lands have almost fallen into Minmatarr hands. Saikamon will probably fall tonight, and then only Sahtogas will be left. Sahtogas, HQ of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris, won't be able to resist long under the pressure of an enemy that outnumbers us and outguns us by so much. Specially after the tensions and problems that have sent several important corporations of our side into disarray or, even, into the enemy side.

A grim day indeed. But, as things stand, I don't think we've reached the darkest hour yet. We better brace for the storm that's coming our way.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario